Look Park, consisting of over one hundred & fifty acres, is a gift to the City of Northampton from Mrs. Fannie Burr Look. She provided the land, funds for its development and a trust fund for its upkeep. Additionally, operation and maintenance funds are dependent upon visitor fees, grants, and gifts. No funds are received from tax sources. The Park is a city-owned park and is administered as a non-profit organization by a self-perpetuating Board of Trustees. The Mayor of Northampton is a member ex-officio.
This living memorial to Frank Newhall Look was first opened to the public in 1930. Mr. Look was the chief executive of the Prophylactic Brush Company, Florence, from 1877 to 1911.