- For ages 7-18; placement based on audition
- All orchestral instruments, pianists, and classical guitarists are welcome to participate
- Audition requirements: Two contrasting works (or one larger work with contrasting sections), and sight reading.
- Participation in two different small Chamber Ensembles with daily rehearsals
- Master Classes
- Individual and group practice time
- Lunch break and recreation time
- Chamber Orchestra
- Music Theory/Appreciation
- Three 45-minute private lessons - to be scheduled before and during the Festival
- Arts & crafts
- Eurhythmics and elective classes
Ensemble-in-Residence (EIR) program: Open to advanced students and pre-formed groups. This more advanced training program allows a chamber group to concentrate on standard repertoire and refine their skills as an ensemble. EIR members will have flexibility to rehearse and coach more intensively, and the opportunity to present their own concert at an outside venue during the Chamber Festival. The EIR will also gain experience in coaching other chamber groups, playing principal in orchestra, and leading sectional rehearsals. Please contact the administrative directors for more information and EIR tuition rate.
Artistic Director: Yun Lee
Faculty Consultants: Pamela Ambrose (lower strings), Elzbieta Brandys (winds), Judith Lee (upper strings), Yun Lee (piano)
Administrative Directors: Laurie Russell and Sara Schwindt
Festival Tuition: $1,300 plus $20 materials fee
Ask about our bring-a-friend/sibling discount!
Payment Options: Pay in full at time of acceptance into program, or choose split payment (50% tuition + registration fee upon acceptance, with balance due by June 1, 2018).
Auditions: A placement audition is mandatory for everyone. Current WCMS chamber ensemble participants and ChamberFest alumni may register prior to their scheduled audition date. If you have any questions, or would like to make special audition arrangements, please contact us. Be sure to download and fill out the 2018 Audition Form to bring with you, and arrive early in order to unpack your instrument and warm up. Warm-up rooms will be available.